A farmer takes a break from the hard work of plowing a field to smoke a cigar that is made of tobacco he had grown on his own land. In Cuba, “farm to table” is not just a trend but a way of life. Farmers in Cuba are required to sell 90 percent of their crop back to the government at a price determined by the state. That price is often well below the market value of what the end product sells for. Farmers can sell their remaining 10 percent share at their own price directly to consumers.