In Havana, the streets are the playgrounds for children
Farmers in Cuba are required to sell 90 percent of their crop back to the government at a price determined by the state. That price is often well below the market value of what the end product sells for. Farmers can sell their remaining 10 percent share at their own price directly to consumers.
In Valle de Viñales, farming is one of the primary industries though unlike farming in the U.S., modern machinery like tractors, is scarce making it common to see horses and carts or oxen in the roadways.
Fidel y Raul
I met these identical twins who told me their names were Fidel and Raul. They also told me that today was their birthday. I didn’t care if they were telling me the truth or not. They invited me into their home. It was nice to sit with them and listen to their stories. Scroll through to see more.